Translate

16 February 2009

Blogging Tips : What Do You Spend Most Time Doing on Your Blog?

Here’s a question for a little discussion over the weekend:

“What Do You Spend Most Time Doing on Your Blog?”

Running a blog calls for all kinds of skills and activities. Writing content is probably the most obvious of these - but as I talk to different bloggers I often find that they each have their own activity that they tend to be drawn to spend more time than others. In addition to writing content - these activities might include:

  • Blog Design
  • Search Engine Optimization
  • Guest Posting on Other Blogs
  • Editing Guest Posts on Your Own Blogs
  • Moderating Comments and Interacting with Readers
  • Networking and Promotion to Other Bloggers
  • Social Media Marketing
  • Monetization
  • Reading Other Blogs in your Niche
  • Reading about Blogging
  • Watching Statistics/Metrics

I’m sure there are more - but that list should get you started.

What do you find yourself focusing upon in your blogging at the moment? I find that I go through stages where different activities get more focus than others. For me at the moment I’ve just moved out of a phase of redesigning one of my blogs and am focusing more upon generating content (writing it myself but also editing posts of others).

Interested to hear what you’ve been focusing upon.

No comments: